The Official So Cal R/C Forum

Go Back   The Official So Cal R/C Forum > General R/C Discussion > Tech Support > Electric Power Systems

Electric Power Systems Motors, Escs, etc.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #1

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss440

sdfishman

Default Tekin RX8

??? Are these ESC's junk?? I know there customer service is good but this is my second ESC that failed in 1 month.. I was at Franks track last night and it started to cogg out after my second battery. I took it out and ran it this morning. Everything seemed fine. 5 minutes of running it in front of the house and it worked great.. Went to the track and it died 3/4 the way around.. Not a happy Electric owner these days........

Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #2

Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,108 Posts

Activity Longevity
3/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6699

cadillac
SC-RC Site Supporter

grab a mamba monster max and never look back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/
/
/
/
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #3

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss551

omarmeza
SC-RC Site Supporter

tekin...

they are famous for bad ESC's, i seen a couple get on fire and a ton to get smoke... i just keep away from them

Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #4

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss440

sdfishman

Is the Mamba Moster the same as the MMM? I have a spare 2 Steve Neu motors I just need the ESC's. After I get my ESC's back I'll put them up for sale.. Tekin said this upgrade will fix all the problems they have been having but I need something reliable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac View Post
grab a mamba monster max and never look back.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #5

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5585
Send a message via AIM to joMAXimum

joMAXimum
SCRC Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfishman View Post
Is the Mamba Moster the same as the MMM? I have a spare 2 Steve Neu motors I just need the ESC's. After I get my ESC's back I'll put them up for sale.. Tekin said this upgrade will fix all the problems they have been having but I need something reliable..
yeap thats the same just the acro. for it.

MMM's are real solid nowadays, looks like castle has their act together!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #6

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss440

sdfishman

Castle Creation has my 1/10th Sidewinder ESC right now. There turn around is pretty bad to.. 1 1/2 month before they will have it back to me.. Sucks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joMAXimum View Post
yeap thats the same just the acro. for it.

MMM's are real solid nowadays, looks like castle has their act together!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Eric - 48 years old

Activity Longevity
3/20 20/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss777

flipper
The Last Great Act of Defiance

It seems like they all have problems. Mamba was going it a while back now Tekin is going thru it. Im going thru with Novak write now. Im looking at like gambling. Your putting your money on the table in the hope your going to get a black jack.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Chris - 30 years old

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss591

Kiznasty
Official Chat Box POLICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarmeza View Post
tekin...

they are famous for bad ESC's, i seen a couple get on fire and a ton to get smoke... i just keep away from them

I have 2 tekin RS set ups and they are flawless. Run like a champ. Really enjoy them...BUT their 8th scale systems are known for problems, the upside of that is Tekin is very customer service oriented when it comes to replacing 8th scale systems. You can contact Randy Pike on these forums about getting a replacement or on the Tekin boards

Old 05-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #9

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss440

sdfishman

I would say Tekin has great customer service.. Not a big fan of the quality of there product.. You would think a $200+ ESC would live upto its price.. Hopefully they send me my other ESC back soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiznasty View Post
I have 2 tekin RS set ups and they are flawless. Run like a champ. Really enjoy them...BUT their 8th scale systems are known for problems, the upside of that is Tekin is very customer service oriented when it comes to replacing 8th scale systems. You can contact Randy Pike on these forums about getting a replacement or on the Tekin boards

Old 05-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #10
Ray Butcher - 28 years old

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1226

DiEzel
"Superstar"

Tekin's RX8 w/ their T8 motor's have some pony!

As stated, their known to have some problems, They've done ALOT of change's and are definitely moving in the right direction, You can't beat the smoothness/power of sensored...

As Chris stated, their customer service is phenomenal.. I <3 Tekin, if i go back to electric i know whats going back into my truck.

Keep in mind, any 8th scale electric systems has the potential to fail - not just tekin... I've seen several MMM's go up, including 1 of my own.

The Following User Says Thank You to DiEzel For This Useful Post:
1milekyle (03-06-2011)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   The Official So Cal R/C Forum > General R/C Discussion > Tech Support > Electric Power Systems